Monday, October 26, 2009

It's begun...


It's both amazing and depressing how a body works. It will take a lot of punishment and over time, accept it as the norm. I've always believed that being a fit person is very much a lifestyle thing.

It's so much more than what you eat or going to the gym (which I don't and will not do).


5 months. That's how long it's been since I donned my trusty runners and ground the pavement. I've done some pretty bad things to my body all this while. Alcohol, bad food and in the last month or so, cigarettes. In this time, I've gone from running Yarra + The Tan + 35-floor stair climb to a very painful jaunt along the yarra to Swan St Bridge and back.

That's barely 3km!!! I still made it a point to go through with the push-ups and crunches but I think it will be a slow and painful grind back to what it once was.


What really hit home was the physical ailments I've been experiencing of late. Sprained muscles, sore backs and general lack of energy. I don't believe it's age as I'm not old.

It goes to show that survival of the fittest does make a lot of sense. Sit still and you die. Applies to almost all facets of life.


Hopefully I'll be doing a quick and solid 5k by then end of November so I'll be mentally ready to start riding hard. Yes, I still haven't bought a bike but I'm pretty damn close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home